SXSW Survival Guide
SXSW is almost upon us! If you're choosing to get in on the action, here are tips to help you survive the hustle from SX queen, Ana Silva (Client Manager at Highbeam Events).
Wear sunscreen. You might feel like you're inside a lot but you're outside more than you think.
- Don’t drink alcohol until after 3pm. Its not cute to be the wasted one sitting in a movie premiere because a day party had free cocktails.
- Drink water!!!
- Wear shoes that you can walk and stand in for a long time. The streets downtown close so there is a lot of walking. I have seen way too many ladies walking around barefoot after dark because they wore heels downtown to SXSW. Tetanus shots are expensive - sneakers are cheaper.
- Have a Plan B. You may be standing in line alllllllllll day! There's so much going on in the city that it might not be so bad to make a quick change in plans if your Plan A event has a line wrapped around the corner.
- Love Beauty Planet dry shampoo (@lovebeautyandplanet)
- Milk Make Up cooling water
- Earth’s Recipe Sun Gel SPF 50++ from Glow Recipe
- Lavanila Deodorant
- Burts Bee’s Sensitive Skin face wipes
BEST SPOTS TO GRAB A SNACK
- SouthBites Lot | Rainey Street | They have a ton of food trucks to choose from!
- Easy Tiger | Sixth Street | My favorite treat during SX is an order of French bread & butter with a side of smoked gouda. Add a beer and its heaven!
- Lichas Cantina | East Side | The Bloody Mary's are amazing and its a little of the crowded path
- Royal Blue Grocery | This has saved my life many times either with a quick coffee, slice of pizza or gum. They also just started carrying Juice Society! #winning
EXCITING EVENTS (2018)
- The Girl’s Lounge presented by The Female Quotient // The Female Quotient is a company, almost 100% women-run, that fights to end world hunger and empower others. Studies show that when a cause is mobilized through women, it takes shape and is successful quickly, efficiently, and has a long term presence.
- Bravo InstaCON presented by Bravo // You will be able to 'con' your way into the ultimate selfie with Bravo’s Imposters. Enter elaborate sets to make your friends think you’ve been living the high life in a private jet, yacht, or ice hotel. Its like a fake instagram in real life!
Follow Ana on Instagram at @analouisesilva and check out her side-hustle at @champagnesupplyco.